Research Your Car Shipper
When it comes to shipping a car, a common oversight by customers is the failure to consider service and needs responsiveness. Think about it for a minute, you are entrusting your second most valuable asset (after home ownership) to a total stranger. Many customers are so obsessed with getting the cheapest quote that they fail to ask the most basic background questions. Like many auto related businesses the auto shipping industry has its fair share of con artists and dead beats. Take the time to perform a background check on any car shipping service provider:
- Are they reputable?
- What do people saying about them?
- Do you read online reviews about them?
- Can you get someone on the phone?
- Do they even pick up the phone?
- Do you ask for references?
- Are they courteous?
- Do they answer billing questions correctly?
- Do they call you back in a timely manner?
- What is their deposit policy?
- Do they charge before or after they dispatch your car for pick up?
Before you supply a car shipper your credit and personal info (possibly to have them charge you and disappear with your identity), research them. Learn to recognize a car shipping operation that has your best interest at heart. Your best interest should be:
- Customer Service
Check the BBB Web site; search the community boards (Yelp.com, Angieslist.com, etc.). Before you pull the trigger on a shipment order, learn your chosen car shippers reputation. Typically, there is more than meets the eye.